Pages

Preliminary Research findings for HG

I got an e-mail today from the Help HER website asking me to make sure my contact info. was up to date. (Because I've participated in their research study.) In the e-mail there was a link to their research page, and one that I read (while posted Nov. 2008) was interesting. If you haven't read it, there's what it said:

Here's the link to the research results: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18752885?dopt=Citation

Here's the link the the HER foundations Research page: http://www.helpher.org/HER-Research/

I thought the conclusion was a little hopeful. Maybe they'll figure this out one day, after all.

" CONCLUSION: There is a high prevalence of severe nausea and vomiting of pregnancy/hyperemesis gravidarum among relatives of hyperemesis gravidarum cases in this study population. Because the incidence of hyperemesis gravidarum is most commonly reported to be 0.5%, this study provides strong but preliminary evidence for a genetic component to extreme nausea and vomiting of pregnancy."



No comments:

Post a Comment